Nellore Municipal Corporation is spread over an area of 149.2sq.Kms. with a population of 6,00,869(2011 census). It is located 279kms from capital city. It was established as Nellore Municipality in the year 1884 and constituted as Municipal Corporation in the Year 2004. There are 2 Zones and 54 election wards in this municipality. Primacy of Nellore City accounts for 65% of Urban Population of Nellore District.
- Nellore city is connected to major Cities through National Highway 5 (Vijayawada, Tirupati and Chennai
- National Highway 45 connects to Hyderabad and National Highway 4 connects to Bangalore
- Nellore is one of the 14 A category South Central Railway.
- The station is well connected to the capital cities like Hyderabad, Chennai, Kolkakta, Bangalore and Prominent cities like VisakhaPatnam, Vijaywada and Tirupati
- Chennai International Airport -192 kms,
- Tirupati Airport -124 Kms and
- Vijayawada Airport -297 K
- Krishnapatnam port is the largest private sector deep water Port in India – 26 km from Nellore City
Major industrial Locations:
- 125 Kms from the Sri City and 70 kms from the proposed SEZ at Naidupeta on NH5
- 40 kms from the prposed KBT nodefor CBIC.